Sunday, May 4, 2014

Culture Girl - A Creative Editorial

The mix of patterns, color and cultural background makes this one here a very special editorial. A combination of vintage elements together with exotic prints makes me feel like an original culture girl. The scenery creates a rich historical mood and I can immediately imagine myself wandering through the streets of New Orleans. Details like the chalk painted door, wooden shutters and stone tiles make the illusion complete. The city itself is reason for an explosion of inspiration, and an ideal mix of ethnical components. It is surrounded by old, colorblocked buildings, where an unexpected encounter with a soulful rhythm and blues band can occur. 
(Scroll to the bottom for outfit description)
As for my outfit, the combination of vivid reds with blue creates a synchronized effect that holds each separate theme together. I simply enjoy how the colors pop against eachother. 
Midi pencil skirts can very quickly swallow your figure because of their length. The color-block wedges add the right amount of height without making it look too overdressed. Did I mention my surprise face when I saw this cute african printed bra-top at Zara? I was positively amused to see them step away from clean and minimalistic pieces and embrace cultural variety.

Bra Top: Zara (New collection TRF)
Midi Skirt: zara, similar one here
Wedges: Steve Madden, similar color here
Straw Pork Pie Hat: H&M, similar one here
Wooden bangle: Mango (Old)

Pictures were taken by Rugeen Lodewijks.
All Pictures are property of My Personal Experience and are not meant for personal use. If you desire to do so, please contact me

Joamie

2 comments:

  1. I love the sandals, I really like the color orange.
    Greetings.


    http://diamondconestilopropio.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete

Share your experiences, thoughts and ideas, I would love to hear!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...