Wednesday, May 7, 2014

City Visuals - New Orleans

When creating my editorials it is essential for me to gather visuals, inspirations and ideas from past fashion shows, architecture and destinations. I was moved by one of the world’s most fascinating cities for Culture girl, my latest editorial. Being America’s first city of culture, New Orleans is one of the most beautiful destinations of the United States.
The city is named after the Duke of Orleans and is one of the largest metropolitan areas of Louisiana. Back in the 19th century, it was a major port of the America’s, this is the main reason for the migration of a variety of ethnicities which makes this city a true melting pot. New Orleans looks back at a history of influences from Europe, the Caribbean, Africa and Beyond. It is the place where Africans, both slaves and free, shared their traditions and intermingled with Europeans. 
From Creole cottages to the balconies of the French Quarter, the city boasts fine examples of almost every architectural style. The mixture of colorful, vintage and rustic elements creates an artistic scenery that is amusing for the human sight. Jazzy street performers delight city wanderers with rhythm and blues, while they get lost in an ocean full of exciting things to see in every corner.
Such rich and abundant surroundings puts a visit to New Orleans at the top of my bucket list.
Below are some images that inspired me the most.

Pictures via: Pinterest.com, for more take a look at  My Pinterestboard

Joamie

1 comment:

  1. OH I just absolutely love it! Beautiful!
    http://www.jaseyjade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Share your experiences, thoughts and ideas, I would love to hear!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...