Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Givenchy Inspired

Creating a personal style...

One of the poor perceptions most fashion lovers have when styling up their clothes is that each piece has to be current and from the latest collections seen on the runway. When I first fell in love with fashion, I used to think so as well.  It can be very tempting to seek to be trendy, instead of creating your own style; which of course takes more effort. As Coco Chanel once said: "Fashion fades, but Style is Eternal...".

Since I moved to the Netherlands, finding my own style has become easier as I learned creative ways of incorporating my wardrobe into a variety of looks. What I found here was
fashion-freedom, the ability to create a style that reflects your personality as a whole. I enjoy Mixing and matching pieces from a certain season, era or culture. I seek mostly for timeless pieces that I can easily transcend into different seasons of the year. There is a certain pleasure in enjoying that favorite blouse time after time.

For my outfit, I was inspired by Givenchy's F/W '12 Rottweiler t-shirt. Last year I found a similar jumper at Zara. I chose to pair it with this "very summer-ish" pleated skirt, which is one of my favorite vintage pieces from Episode. I updated the whole outfit by adding a pair of pointy flats, those like Michelle Obama use to wear. The overall look is very lady-like, but a good representation of my personal style.





Jumper: Zara (old)
Studded belt: New-Look
Vintage skirt: Episode
Flats: Zara (old)
Bag: Mango


Thank you for reading !

Pictures were taken by R. Clements.
All pictures are property of My Personal Experience and are not meant for personal use, if you desire to do so, please contact me.

2 comments:

  1. Really cute outfit!
    I wanted to send you an email regarding the Secret Santa Blogger Edition. But it seems to have failed to deliver my mail to the e-mail you have on your blog. Do you have another email address I can reach you at?

    xx
    Tiffany
    http://shopaholicoverhere.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tiffany,

      I filled out the contact form that I found on your blog.

      I'm looking forward to hear from you.

      Xxx, Jo

      Delete

Share your experiences, thoughts and ideas, I would love to hear!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...