Saturday, December 22, 2012

Tips and Ideas for the Holiday Season:

Hi Guys,
It's been a while since I last posted on my blog...but hey: I'm Back!
After a series of events, changes and adjustments, I finally had the time to come up with some fresh ideas and new outfits.
Since it's the Holiday Season, I know that every girl out there is wondering what to wear during this wonderful time of the year.I also know that secretly most of us wait till the last minute to buy our outfits.
No wonder! Last minute shopping has so may advantages. Most shops offer huge sales on their articles just a few days before X-mas. Prices are drastically reduced for up to three quarters less.
To help out a little bit I've decided to compose some cute outfits that are suitable for this season's events.
The pictures will offer you some tips and ideas on different ways to accessorize your outfits. 

The Little Black Dress:
This essential wardrobe piece can be worn many ways and will look great at almost every occasion.
But why keep it dull? Spice it up and add your own personality. Choose from a variety of shapes and textures. Since lace is a big hit during this season, I chose this cute Peplum model that makes my waist look tinier. 
Why wear black on black? Be creative! Wear a bright shoe. These Red pointy-toe's add a touch of jazz, and because they are closed shoes, they preserve the chique-ness of the outfit.
Wear bold accessories. This season it's all about statement necklaces and eye-catching clutches. I love how gold accessories can make a black dress Pop. Try not to over-do gold. Incorporate for example a different shaded clutch, that can still complement the whole look. This bullet shaded clutch by Zara has the same rhinestone effect as the other pieces.

Do the classic:
Do the classic look. Add some old Hollywood glamour to your LBD. Rhinestones will always do the work for you, they instantly let you shine like a star.
Keep it young and fresh by wearing these velvet booties.
You can also go all the way glamour by wearing some black pumps.
Jewel tones:
Dress yourself as beautiful as gemstones. Wear jewel tones for the Holiday season. This particular dress is a cross between purple and fuchsia. I wanted to accentuate my waist by wearing an elastic-band belt. Black and Gold will always look great on jewel tones. Draw a line through the outfit by keeping the belt and shoes black, while playing with the other pieces.
Add some fun accessories:

This look was inspired by Miss Carry Bradshaw. She is the #1 muse when it comes to mixing and matching a variety of accessories, shoes and bags together. Draw a line through the outfit by keeping the belt and clutch black.
Play around with the rest of the look and add some fun accessories. I wore these cute earrings by H&M and these fun glitter pumps by Steve Madden.
I so love the fluffy clutch! This outfit is a nice alternative for New year's eve.
The Trousers:
Combine jewel tone with jewel tone. How cute is this peacock inspired clutch?( It's a Matteuw Williamson for H&M clutch that I bought years ago) It perfectly compliments the bold cuff.
Not in the mood for showing legs? Wear some trousers! I paired mines with this beautiful jewel toned blouse. The gold and blue accentuated accessories instantly Pop the color of the blouse while keeping the rest of the look interesting.
I Hope you've enjoyed this post as much as I've enjoyed writing it to you. Remember most Importantly that CHRISTmas is a time to celebrate the birth of our new born King. A Season to gather with family and friends and spend some valuable time together. These are the moments that we will always remember.

Enjoy your Holidays!

Pics by my girl Sally. All pictures are property of My personal experience and are not meant for personal use, if you desire to do so, please contact me.

2 comments:

Share your experiences, thoughts and ideas, I would love to hear!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...